The time has finally come - you may now submit your nominations for the 2010 CMFFAs!
- To nominate fics, please fill out the nomination form provided below. PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO THE FIC IN YOUR NOMINATION! This is very important, as readers need to be able to read the fic before voting for it.
- Authors of nominated fics will be notified of their nomination shortly after it is received and their permission will be requested to include their fic(s) in the awards. Once the nomination period has ended and all fics have been verified, a voting list with links to each fic will be posted.
- An example nomination is as follows: Screen Name: randomvoter10 Affiliated Site: www.fanfiction.net Best Humour:
"The One Where Morgan Tackles an Airplane and Hotch Takes the Team Out For Ice Cream" by casper0909 - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/49592354/1/T
- The nomination period ends January 22, 2011 at 11:59 EST
- Please EMAIL your nomination form to email@example.com (if emailing, you MUST include you screen name and what site it applies to e.g., ff.net, CM Fan Wiki, The Profilers, CMF Message Board CBS.com, etc)
. Please do not PM your forms to me; while this was allowed in previous years, because there are four of us modding this year, to ensure that there is no nomination tampering, the forms need to be available to all of us mods at the email above.
read the rules before submitting a nomination ballot! Remember - you do not
have to submit a nomination for every category.
Some general reminders from last year:
- When nominating for 'Best Portrayal of a Main Character'
, or 'Best Portrayal of a Supporting Character'
, please remember to include which character you think it is best portraying. Also, remember that 'Main Character`
and 'Supporting Character'
refers to the characters's role in the T.V. show, not in the fic. For a list of which characters are considered 'Main Characters',
please refer to the 'category descriptions' post.
- When nominating for 'Best Author Team-Up'
, please remember that you are nominating a specific fic
written by two authors - not just the authors themselves. We need a specific example of their work together, so please include a fic and link in your nomination.
- When nominating for 'Best Series'
, remember that a series means two or more
fics written as sequels to each other. Though you're only submitting the link to the first fic in the series, a single multichapter fic does not qualify as a series by itself - there must be other sequels/prequels in existence.
- Double-check the category descriptions before submitting
. I really don't want to have to throw out nominations because they didn't fit the requirements. If you are uncertain about whether a specific fic/type of fic qualifies, please contact me and I'll try and clear it up for you! I'd rather you run it by me than having to throw out a nomination that didn't meet the requirements.
Note: When nominating, it is easy to consider only the most recent fics you have read, but please make an effort to look for your favourites from the entire year. These are awards for all of 2010, and the best results will come from presenting the top fics from the entire year.( BALLOTCollapse )( CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONSCollapse )( RULES AND FAQCollapse )
Do you have any questions that weren't answered in the FAQ? Leave a comment here or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll answer it as best we can.
PS: I sincerely apologize for the lack of reminders about this upcoming major event... I was responsible for posting them, but I have been suffering through some issues lately, so my concentration/motivation/energy/memory has been almost non-existant... But, because of this, I'm going to be a little more lenient about ballots submitted after the final deadline to compensate for those of you who don't see this right away. Sorry again!